Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week 18 (for 2 people)

Sunday, May 1st, 2016


FOOD STORAGE:
8 cans of soup (rotating storage)
1 case powdered milk (long term storage, click for online ordering)
For local pick up - 1 case will cost you $36 
You can order your case on the "Items of the Month" form passed out at church and through email. Simply write me a check for the amount, and I'll purchase it for you - simply pick it up from my home!
There are 12 pouches in a case, and each pouch will make you about 2 gallons of milk. Meaning each gallon of milk will end up costing you about $1.50! If you are mixing up individual portions, then 3 Tbsp mixed with 8 ounces of water will give you a full cup. To decrease the "chunky milk" issue, simply mix it WELL. I recommend using a "Blender Bottle" available at Walmart, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.

EXTRA ITEM:
2 month supply of laundry soap

CAR KIT:
Fire extinguisher, jumper cables, tow strap, 1 quart motor oil, antifreeze, etc. 

FAMILY PREPAREDNESS:
Give every member specific safety tasks to do in an emergency. For example, designate one person to be in charge of turning off electricity, water and gas, one to collect the emergency container, one to take charge of any pets, etc.

SPIRITUAL PREPAREDNESS:
Read and discuss as a family, 
I Was a Stranger on lds.org and discuss what your family can do for the refugee relief effort.
“For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; Naked, and ye clothed me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.”   Matthew 25:35-36


No comments:

Post a Comment