Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week 30 (for 2 people)

Sunday, July 24th 2016

Food Storage: 
1 case your choice of beans  - click each to see online prices: BlackPintoRefried or White
For local pick up, you'll pay $37.50/case for 33# of black beans. $34.50 for both pinto and for refried beans.  Great Northern White beans are $36/case. Be advised that the refried beans are "quick cook" meaning that they rehydrate and soften within 20 minutes without having to soak them. However, they only last for 5 years instead of 30. You can also get Refried Beans from the Home Storage in a 25 lb. bag for $30.

Extra Item: 3 months of dish soap

Family Gear Box:
 Cooking supplies: a single burner propane stove with 1 or 2 bottles of gas, a spoon and spatula, a multi-use pan, potholder, and a hot glove.

Family Preparedness:
Do you have a “safe word” for your children/spouse? When I was 4 years old, my mom left my 6.5 year old brother and I home alone while she ran to pick up my older sister from gymnastics, a few minutes away. She took my two younger sisters. On the way there, my mom and 2 sisters were hit by a train which demolished our VW bus. Blessedly, some young men from our ward were driving behind them and stopped to help them, and my mom told them to go back to our house and take us to our Bishop's home. When they knocked on the door, I was frightened when they told me that my mom and sisters were hurt and that my brother and I needed to go with them. There is NO way I would have – even at 4 years old because I was taught not to – EXCEPT they knew our “safe” word that only my family knew and which my mom had told them to tell us. Because of this, my brother and I got in their car and they took us to our Bishop's house to be taken care of. (P.S. My mom and sisters are now just fine!)


Spiritual Preparedness:

 Read “Some Must Push and Some Must Pull” July 2006, Ensign, p 38.
President Hinckley said, “I hope we are thankful. I hope we carry in our hearts a deep sense of gratitude for all the pioneers have done for us.”


No comments:

Post a Comment